Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Puzzle Toys for the Win

Recently it was suggested to me that I pick up some "puzzle toys" for the boys. Puzzle toys are anything they need to figure out. Kong toys, treat balls, etc. Earlier in my puppy owning days I was a little skeptical of the wonders of these toys. I WAS WRONG. These things are amazing! Stick a treat or two inside and the dogs are entertained and challenged for as long as I let them go. Last night we had guests over - no troubles, the boys were entertaining themselves with puzzle toys. Today I had to take Jack out while leaving Patrick (normally results in whining) no problem - left him a puzzle toy. He didn't even notice us walk out the door. I picked up a puppy sized kong with kong cookies as well as a treat ball that I've been stuffing chicken into. Seriously folks - if you don't have these types of toys they are a valuable part of your dog toy arsenal. 8 paws up for puzzle toys!

014

No comments: